Take a stunning 8 mile kayak or SUP tour from Kamalo Harbor to Rice Patch in Molokai! Perfect for beginners advanced paddlers.
3 mile Kayak or SUP Downwind Tour
- Adult - Kayak Ages 15+
- Adult - SUP Ages 15+
- Child - Kayak Ages 14 and Under
- Child - SUP Ages 14 and Under
Join us on a thrilling 3 mile kayak or SUP tour from Kamalo Harbor to Rice Patch in Molokai!
We have the mini 3-mile downwinder perfect for kids and beginners. Fun and fast when the wind blows!
Kayak/SUP 3 miles of Molokai’s reef as the trades gently blow you from Kamalo Harbor to Rice Patch. Experience an artist’s dream as you see the multitude of colors that the ocean has to offer.
Do some kayak/SUP surfing inside the reef, waves permitting. Watch the turtles swim up the coast and who knows maybe see some whales during the winter months
The kayaking/SUP can be done for beginner to intermediate paddlers. The tour is done inside and outside the reef tide permitting and is one of the safer places to kayak in the State of Hawaii. The kayaks are doubles, Malibu XLs. Singles can be requested at the time of reservation but the experience is needed and we can not guarantee that singles are available. SUP boards range from 10 to 14.0 depending on experience and can only be used in certain tides.
This is an actual race course for beginner to advanced paddlers that we do during the summer months. Experience Molokai’s magic carpet ride of Molokai’s famous Stand Up Paddling Race, “The Molokai Holokai.”
Notes & Restrictions
- Start times are based on tides and will vary. Once you are booked we will confirm the times.
- Depending on weather/tidal conditions, we may use an alternate route.
- Tour hours depend on conditions, but the rule of thumb, the windier it is the faster the downwind run.
- Time varies from 2-3 hrs on the water, depending on the wind. No matter how short or long the water time, the experience is incredible and we are about quality time on the ocean.
- Shuttle time from Hotel Molokai to start takes 10-minutes and we will commence our safety briefing and what to expect prior to the tour commencing. During the shuttle up to the start location customers will get to see the course they will be paddling.
- Check out the local tides at Kaunakakai
- SUP RULE OF THUMB- We only go with 1ft and rising tide or we offer double kayaks as an alternative
- Please CHECK the tides before booking SUP
- Gratuity is not included in this price.